When to Say No

My friend Amy convinced me to attend an after-work networking event held at our downtown Milestones, and promised an exciting ice-breaker game.  Well, it turned out to be the game where if you say a certain word, you have to give up your bracelet.  The word was "No".  I don't know what's funnier - the fact that I beat 25 eager government workers (including a Director whom I'm not technically allowed to speak to unless through his assistant), or the dialogues below:

 Scenario I:
Alisa: Excuse me, are you done with that? (pointing to fresh Bellini)
Unsuspecting Stranger: Oh, no, of course not!
Alisa: Bracelet!
Unsuspecting Stranger: Pardon? Oh....oh dear. Alright. I just thought you were weird or something.

Scenario II:
Amy: There's a hot guy she was going to introduce me to!
Alisa: Really? You haven't yet spoken to him?
Amy: No! See, that's the thing, he's-
Alisa: Bracelet please.
Amy: I thought you were my friend!


I won a little medal which I wore all the way home, like a boss.








1 comment