baker street café brunch

I heart brunch, and one of my favorite places to go for it is the Baker Street Café in Westboro. The line-up is usually very long, but somehow, defying what we've come to learn of traditional wait times, we're usually in fairly quickly. This past weekend, while waiting in line, we were given baby chocolate chip muffins, so really, I can't complain about the lines at all. 

Normally, what I lust after at the Baker Street Café is the poppyseed french toast. Can you even imagine? You won't have to, as I'll be back there soon for that.  This time, however, I opted for something savoury: their eggs benedict. Crispy, golden english muffins topped with peameal bacon, a perfectly poached egg, and hollandaise...just what a Sunday needs. Oh wait, it needs something more: peppered, grilled, fried, golden, crispy homefries. NBD. What sets Baker Street apart from it's mid-morning competitors is not the exceptionally explosive flavours embedded in their culinary creations, but the amount of care put into each meal.  Almost everything you order comes with a side of mixed fruit (and by fruit I don't mean single slice of dry orange but melons, cantaloupe, strawberries, blueberries, and pineapple...seriously, man), and should you opt for coffee, it just so happens to be fair-trade and...bottomless. I don't know about you but first thing in the morning, I don't want a bottom on anything.



1 comment

  1. I've never been there! I'll have to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete