Bruschetta, or what I do when in isolation...

Every time I see Anais, I always leave with exciting meal ideas, but I rarely have time to bring them to life. Enter Laryngitis.  I lost my voice last week and finally gave in and went to see a doctor who told me to stay home and not talk to anyone until I sounded like a female again.  So, faced with the option of recording my first album of sexy raspy music or putting some of Anais' meal ideas to use, I went with the latter, resulting in this Bruschetta.  Anais, please correct me if I missed anything, but here is how I made it:

Start with some mini heirloom tomatoes, some basil, and a clove of garlic sliced in half. Set aside some extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and find the most fragrant baguette around (I bought mine at the farmer's market).


 

Cut the baguette into slices, rub with garlic, and throw in the oven to toast until just crisp. Meanwhile, (and this meanwhile should be short so keep an eye on that bread!) dice the mini tomatoes, tear the basil leaves into little pieces, and throw them together, mixing in the olive oil and vinegar.  Layer the tomato mix onto the toasted baguette and sprinkle with a little sea salt, or in my case, Himalayan salt.  Et voila! Thanks Anais!

1 comment