Merci

This year, we couldn't have asked for a more perfect long weekend for Thanksgiving: 26 degrees and perfect amber sunshine.  Not straying too far from the norm, I spent the days eating the mass equivalent of a fat baby, but this time around I managed to find time to go on two walks in the Gatineau hills- one with a wonderful friend of mine, and one with my equally wonderfully family.  The first walk was a little intense - we accidentally strayed onto an uphill trail (which my friend, being a boy, was delighted by)  - but at one point it led me to the sight below, which made me think about everything else I've got, to be thankful for.  

1) Being able to see Ottawa from so far away...(there it is, past the mountains..)



2) My fantastic family...



3) The awesome people I work with...

Eric's birthday fritter

Fabulous chocolates from my boss

A cheer-up honey cruller from George...

Words of encouragement from Lindsay, which I proudly printed and displayed on my wall (which just can't be true if I ate even half of the gifts portrayed above...)

Uhh, well, just about the sweetest birthday gifts to find on one's desk ever. Courtesy of Silvia and Amy. 

4)  My hilarious friends, who send me hilarious texts for which I am eternally grateful...







5) The knowledge that somewhere out there, there is Paris, and somewhere in Paris, there are macarons, and given that, things can't be that bad no matter what...



Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments