The Year in Review

 In 2021, I started making an effort to blog every month to make sure I was making the most of my time. 



I didn't want the days to pass me by, which can be increasingly easy in a pandemic especially, and I wanted to hold myself accountable for the year, to look back on it with a sense of achievement - if not for actual achievements every month, but for the effort of..making an effort.

The highlight of my year (life) was marrying Jeff. I can't believe how lucky we got with the restrictions, in that there weren't any :P and no masks in Copenhagen. Instead, we got a blissful few days of being in our little bubble of excitement to get everything ready, getting married, not being too cold to take wedding photos outside in a dress (!!!!), no rain, and eating cake with reckless abandon.  It was perfect. 



Looking back on the past year, it was disheartening to see how many months were taken over by my stupid injuries. I am really hoping  - for 2022 - to get to a better place. 

This year, I swam in the ocean, learned how to highlight my own hair, made my own shawarma that somehow tastes better than the stuff you buy from the legit shawarma places, had an incredible time in Tallinn with my hubby, ate a real cake here in Dublin (don't get me started on what I consider a real cake but it was pistachio mousse and strawberry and oh my gawd), visited my family in the fall and checked out Toronto and Montreal, and successfully went a month without dairy or sugar.  You know what, all things considered, I killed it this year.



Lastly, the year has taught me that I can handle whatever comes my way. 

Also, I got to meet Baby Howl. He likes croissants and mayonnaise. 




No comments