Friday, May 23, 2014

Recipe: Moonshine Cookies

It all started when El Dude and I were having a particularly bad day: we were getting the cookie shakes, but the cookies in the local bakery looked hella stale, and neither Mac's Milk nor the Hasty Market had any bake-able Pillsbury solutions. I know what you're thinking..a true baker wouldn't even consider Pillsbury...but even Martha Stewart goes to McDonald's so whatevs. 
No luck on the pre-made cookie front, so we zombied our way home where I decided to go the vegan way (since the real issue was that we didn't have butter or eggs). I looked in my pantry, then looked at the recipes I had, then looked in my pantry, then realized I don't have the ingredients for a lot of the cookies out there, so...I made up my own recipe, and it turned out super awesomely!  I call them Moonshine Cookies, because they're the type of thing you make haphazardly, with whatever's lying around, with complete disregard for the ultimate danger..to your waistline. (hur hur)




The recipe:

I)
1 cup flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

II)
1/2 cup agave syrup
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
2 tbsp almond milk
2 tsp vanilla

Optional Mandatory: shaved coconut, chocolate chunks

The directions couldn't be easier:

1) Preheat oven to 350F
2) Combine and mix all of the dry ingredients in cluster I
3) Combine and mix all of the wet ingredients in cluster II
4) Add the wet to the dry, mix, then add shaved coconut and chocolate chunks if you cray like dat
5) Form balls or cookies, or whatever you want, put it all on a cookie sheet, and bake for 12-14 minutes.

And then you have something very rich and delicious and perfect to enjoy with your favorite tea!


1 comment: